Wednesday, October 10, 2012

September ended with two more granddaughter tunic/dresses.  I've been making her tunic/dresses out of re-used knit from adult clothing.  I think it is such a good idea to get the most wear you can out of clothes, rather than throwing them away or giving them to the thrift stores for resale.

On tunic/dress #1 I added a big pocket; after it was finished, I thought that if she put anything in that pocket it would fall out or possibly cause her to lose her balance, so I sewed up the middle of it to create two pockets.  I didn't sew through the heart, just above and below.






Tunic/dress #2 has some interesting and colorful details, which I really liked.  I didn't have enough of the yellow so I finished the long sleeves in a teal that perfectly matches.  The back detail was added because my daughter said that it is easier to dress granddaughter when there is more neck room.  Toddlers do have big heads!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment